Fire Safety Surveyors
Southwark has invested heavily in its Engineering and Compliance Division and is now seeking to recruit a Fire Safety Surveyor for its housing and modernisation division.
Your main task will be to manage and undertake Fire Risk Assessment inspections and programme, including risk management of assets across the housing division. You will then be responsible for identifying all fire related risks and issues across the portfolio and design, arrange and oversee the necessary remedial actions and work packages as well as provide cost analysis on various projects and provide expenditure forecasts whilst assessing all financial risks that the Council could be exposed to. You will be providing expert specialist fire safety leadership, management, support and advice across the department, ensuring fire safety is inspected, managed and maintained in accordance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and any other appropriate Health and Safety legislation.
You will take responsibility for:
• carrying out fire risk assessments and FRA reviews in line with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
• the survey and design of individual fire works, schemes or work stream delivery packages and undertake contract administration of borough and area wide contracts as required.
• undertaking contract evaluations, both pre and post contract, and prepare evaluation reports
• managing repairs staff, specialist consultants, designers and clerk of works in order to ensure compliance with fire safety legislation and the council's fire safety strategy and policies
• identifying the technical solutions for fire safety works, and support investment teams in the delivery of major schemes and repair teams and contractors in the delivery of minor works
• liaising with other professional bodies including Building Control and the Fire Service
• providing professional technical support and expertise to investment and repairs teams as well as other housing staff in all matters relating to fire safety
• evaluating alternative fire related designs and specifications and lead on design standardisation.
• leading and delivering expert training to housing staff, contractors and consultants on fire safety and the FRA process
What you will need to succeed
You will hold a formal fire safety qualification and you will have extensive knowledge of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, Building Regulations; and Fire Safety in Purpose Built Block of Flats guidance, as well as experience of carrying out fire risk assessments to complex residential properties. You will be experienced in carrying out diagnostic and quality control inspections of building services and construction in buildings and plant rooms as well as having excellent experience of completing detailed schedules of works and fire related specifications and experience of delivery of investment schemes, including monitoring works on site.
Additional salary details
What you’ll get in return
• Total package upto £60k per annum
• Car allowance available
• Full time, Permanent Employment Contract
• 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Interest free season ticket loans
• Southwark offers membership of its pension scheme, which is in line with the national Local Government Pension Scheme (a career average scheme).
• Working hours and flexible working arrangements available
• Basic working hours for this role are 36 per week.
£20,000 to £70,000 paLondon£36,000 to £43,000 paSouthwark£22,000 to £25,000 paSouthwark
£19,000 paBermondseySalary to be confirmed upon applicationBermondsey£24,000 to £26,000 paBermondsey
Salary to be confirmed upon applicationGreenwichSalary to be confirmed upon applicationSouthwark£26,000 to £32,000 paSouthwark
£33,000 to £39,000 paSouthwark£20,000 paSouthwark£22,000 to £25,000 paBenefits include: 28 days Annual Leave per year plus bank holidays, competitive pension scheme, seas, Southwark
Salary to be confirmed upon applicationSouthwark Park, Bermondsey SE1£44,000 to £50,000 paSouthwark£36,000 to £43,000 paSouthwark
£55,000 to £75,000 paSouthwark
|Nine Elms roadshow heads for the Doddington and Rollo Estate
The team will be on hand to answer any questions about the local opportunities and benefits that are being created through the area’s regener...
|Working in Health and Social Care
IN TEN years' time it's estimated that 2.2 million people in England will be employed in adult social care – well over half a mi...
|Do you care enough to care?
Cllr Dora Dixon Fyle, cabinet member for adults, arts and culture, said: “Quality of care is a national issue but in Southwark we are tacklin...
|Come and work for Zoom Nurseries
At Zoom Nurseries we are passionate about childcare. We are as enthusiastic and dedicated today as we were when we opened our first nursery in 2003...