Nursery Practitioner Level 3
JOB TITLE Nursery Practitioner
SALARY SCALE £19,000
RESPONSIBLE TO Nursery Manager
HOURS OF WORK Full Time Shift Pattern either 8am – 4pm or 10am – 6pm
HOLIDAYS 33 including Bank Holidays
The Bosco Nursery is a Day Nursery, registered to take 34 children between the ages of four months to five years.
The Nursery is open for 49 weeks of the year and is situated in Rotherhithe.
• To work as a flexible team member in the day to day care and education of children aged 6 months to rising 5.
• To support other staff as a team member, in meeting the individual needs of each child, in line with the
nursery’s aims and objectives.
• To communicate sensitively and effectively with children, parents and staff using a good standard of written and spoken English.
• To ensure that you share in the delivery of the EYFS statutory and non- statutory guidance in line with Ofsted and
the Local Education Authority where appropriate.
• To share in the responsibility for keeping registers and up to date records of the children using the Day Care provision
standards, and to give regular sensitive feedback to parents of your key children about their child’s development and progress.
• To contribute to the daily planning, monitoring, evaluation and development of nursery practice of the Bosco Nursery and
ensure that the EYFS, Health and Safety and Safeguarding requirements are embedded in planning, delivery and practice
• To build good working relationships with parents and to be approachable, friendly and able to communicate effectively at all times
APPLICANT KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS (PERSON SPECIFICATION)
The successful applicant will need to be / have:
• Knowledge, understanding and practical experience of Day Care for young children
• Knowledge and practical understanding of child development and parenting
• Ability to work in a team and within a set routine.
• A genuine desire to care for and educate children under 5 • Friendly and approachable to parents
• Ability to communicate with children, staff and parents in an approachable way.
• Good written, and verbal communication skills and use of ICT
• Adaptability and able to treat change proactively and with positivity
The successful candidate will show commitment and enthusiasm for pre-school education and care,
The candidate should have the relevant experience of working with young children and should also be suitably
qualified according to OFSTED regulations.
Suitable qualifications include: NVQ level 3 in CYPW or equivalent
To apply: Please forward your CV to[email removed] The Bosco Centre is committed to the safeguarding of
young people, and as such, you will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check
Salary to be confirmed upon applicationSouth LondonSalary to be confirmed upon applicationSouth LondonSalary to be confirmed upon applicationLondon
Salary to be confirmed upon applicationElephant and Castle£26,000 paSouthwark£14,000 to £16,000 paSouthwark
£29,000 to £35,000 paSouthwark£23,000 to £38,000 paSouthwarkSalary to be confirmed upon applicationSouthwark
£36,000 to £43,000 paSouthwark£100,000 to £130,000 paAdditional salary details Salary: Up to £130k inc. of a cash benefits package, Southwark£20,000 to £70,000 paLondon
£19,000 paBermondseySalary to be confirmed upon applicationBermondseySalary to be confirmed upon applicationGreenwich
|Nine Elms roadshow heads for the Doddington and Rollo Estate
The team will be on hand to answer any questions about the local opportunities and benefits that are being created through the area’s regener...
|Working in Health and Social Care
IN TEN years' time it's estimated that 2.2 million people in England will be employed in adult social care – well over half a mi...
|Do you care enough to care?
Cllr Dora Dixon Fyle, cabinet member for adults, arts and culture, said: “Quality of care is a national issue but in Southwark we are tacklin...
|Come and work for Zoom Nurseries
At Zoom Nurseries we are passionate about childcare. We are as enthusiastic and dedicated today as we were when we opened our first nursery in 2003...